Columbia University Medical Center is looking for Bilingual, Spanish speaking candidates for training in the Bilingual Program track of the Promise Program post-doctoral fellowship, a pediatric neuropsychology training program.
We are especially interested in extending an invitation to candidates seeking training in bilingual (Spanish and English) neuropsychological testing and supervision. Spanish proficiency is required for this position, but applicants do not need to be native Spanish speakers.
Training in the Sub-specialty Bilingual Track includes:
- Obtaining knowledge about existing available Spanish language batteries and learning how to create an appropriate battery to serve monolingual Spanish speaking and bilingual (Spanish and English) youth with a wide range of difficulties
- Administration of specific Spanish and English tests to assess learning disabilities, language delays and related co-morbid developmental and psychiatric conditions in Spanish-speaking and bilingual youth
- Better understanding and conceptualization of these cases based on multicultural factors and considerations
- Writing culturally sensitive neuropsychological reports, including appropriate recommendations for bi-cultural and bilingual youth
- Working with families and the community to meet specific needs of under-served Latino/Hispanic youth in the community
- Learning educational advocacy for underserved Latino/Hispanic youth
- Additional opportunities may also include working with research team, educational coordinators, and faculty to understand and better serve Spanish speaking population in the community through other research or program development initiatives based on applicants interest and program needs
More about our Promise Program at Columbia Pediatric Neuropsychological Fellowship:
- We specializes in neuropsychological assessments for low income youth with learning difficulties and other related challenges (language delays, ADHD, Autism, etc.).
- Privately funded program within the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department at Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital in Washington Heights, NYC.
- Fellowship is a competitive, two year post-doctoral fellowship training program in NYC with additional opportunities for further learning and participation in educational advocacy.
- Program Website: http://www.promise-project.org/promise2/columbia/trainingProgram/
Qualified applicants must send in the application by December 31st.
For more information about the Spanish Bilingual program please email: email@example.com