PROMISE Educational Coordinators partner with parents to navigate the labyrinth of the special education system, helping them attain the appropriate school placement, accommodations, and intervention services critical to the child's success.
Promise empowers parents to help them become their child's strongest long-term advocate:
• Enable parents to be involved in their child's education
• Educate parents on their child's rights and responsibilities
• Advocate for the child at IEP/CSE meetings
• Train parents to become advocates for their child
• Provide on-going support & follow-up, including training workshops
Our bi-lingual Educational Coordinators have made it a priority to help parents understand learning disabilities and ways in which they can foster their child's learning at home. No support system is more important for the long-term success of a child with learning disabilities than his or her family.